Meeting Hall, Georges Avenue, Blackrock, Co Dublin
Meeting Hall, at 73 Georges Avenue, Blackrock, Co Dublin was one of the first Methodist churches in Ireland, built in 1847, following a visit to Ireland by John Wesley. It had served as offices for about 15 years having got planning permission for the change of use from church to office. The 74.32sq m (800sq ft) Meeting Hall – on a 260sq m (2,800sq ft) site –was granted planning permission to convert into a two-bedroom home.
Brazil associates were responsibe for the sympathetic redesign, and Maria Fenlon wascommissioned for the impressive inteior design of this unusual but distinctive home.